In today’s episode, I’m chatting with my dear friends and fellow personal stylist Laurel Kinney. Laurel is an Austin based personal stylist who is currently living in Taos as she rides out the pandemic and works with her clients virtually. I wanted to sit down with Laurel to chat about the personal styling industry, how she approaches her career, how she approaches visibility, and share with you why it’s so important to make friends with people in your industry to stay sane. Laurel and I are also very different and the depth that has brought to our relationship and her business advice has been a huge lesson to me about the power of connection with people who see the world differently. Also, Laurel is a really wonderful human being and I think you should know her. Listen in to hear us discuss:
- The skinny jeans debate (don’t worry we settle it in this episode)
- How we’ve approached our careers as stylists that has differentiated us
- The very different ways we navigate being visible and what we’ve learned about showing up as business owners
- The huge toll the pandemic has taken on the fashion and personal styling industry and the changes we think are in store going forward
- The themes we see with clients as they start to think about getting dressed after the pandemic
Connect with Laurel on Instagram here:https://www.instagram.com/laurel_kinney/ and her website here.
Laurel’s Website: https://laurelkinney.com/
Connect with me on Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/nicoleotchy/
If you enjoyed this episode, it would mean so much if you left a review on iTunes or your podcast app so more women can find the show.